[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - Those taken a test - What show/tell questions did you get?

Those taken a test - What show/tell questions did you get?

Re: Those taken a test - What show/tell questions did you ge

Postby TheMadHatter » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I didn't get any yesterday!

I was asked to read a number plate, then told to get in the car and make myself comfortable while the examiner took down the details of the car. He then got in, belted up and told me to begin when I was ready.
First Lesson: 16 March 2011
Theory Test: Passed - 28 April 2011
Practical Test: Passed - 8 July 2011
TheMadHatter

Postby hobbesy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 am

I had how do you check your brakes are working, and how do you check you indicators are working (or however either of those are actually worded).

For the brakes one I gave my answer and the examiner did that thing where they keep looking at you for a second too long so I remember going 'erm and they stop the car?' He seemed happy enough lol. He also made me go right round he car properly checking each indicator. I've never been so paranoid I'd find one was broken!
aka Keri :-)
Started learning from scratch - Jan '11
Theory passed - 9 March '11 - 49/50 hpt 55/75
First Practical test ... June 24th '11 ... fail ... 1s 5m
Second practical test ... July 25th '11 ... pass! ... 2m!
hobbesy

Postby Chelle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Last time I got show how to check brakes are working and how to switch headlights from dipped to main beam.

I remember this because I had to text my instructor when I got home and tell him to check I'd switched his lights off. :lol:

xxx
First driving lesson - Sunday 5 July 2009. // Theory test passed - Saturday 8 May 2010. - 45/50, 53/75.
Sixth practical test - Tuesday 30 August 2011. - Passed - 8m - Blyth test centre. // Pass Plus - Saturday 1 October 2011.
Chelle

Postby jewel22 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:45 pm

mine was tyre ..he asked me to tell him about tyres..told him 1.6mm aroung 3/4 circumfrance of tyres, no bulges or cuts!
He seemed happy with that....oddly never had a 2nd question.
Theory passed 1st time 21/12/2009 50/50 61/75
1st test 14/06/11 failed 1s 10 m
2nd test 5/08/11 Passed!!! 5m

Now driving a Ford Ka...i love my little roller Skate!
jewel22

Postby carpbud » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Mine were - how do you test the foot brake.

Funny thing was, I heard him say it, but went flustered. I sat in the car and knew what I had to do, but couldnt. He kept saying, "I can help if you need me to". I Pushed the pedal down and said if Im against a wall or car, I can see the reflection. He said again, "use me if you need to..." and then it clicked! I asked him to check as I pressed the pedal! lol! :lol: Muppet!

Second - how do you know if there is a problem with your ABS.

I dont have this in my car, but it was something my instructor explained in detail before hand becuase I wanted to know. I explained it in so much detail the examiner he stopped me in mid flow and said "thats fine".
Theory Test - 26/8/11 - PASSED - 1st Time - MC - 47/50 / HT - 47/75
Practical Test - 29/12/11 - PASSED - 1st Time - 3m

First car - Lovely 2001/Y plate Wedgewood Blue "Ronnie" the Rover 25!
Now Driving 2004/54 plate Sonic Blue "Ralph" the Rover 25!

I see a pattern here.....

carpbud

Postby drivermum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

i got the horn and how to tell if there was a problem with the abs.
i would of had something else, but it was raining. dont think the examiner wanted to get wet lol
theroy test passed: 08/12/2011
drivermum

Postby divatori » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:16 pm

I had my test today and my 2 questions were tell me where you'd find recommended pressures for tyres and how you'd check them etc, and show me how you'd put your rear fog lights on and when you'd use them. Both went fine :)
Theory Test passed 2nd August 2011: 49/50 :D

Practical Test passed 9th August 2012: 1st time 4 minors :D
divatori

Postby howarddrive » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am

howarddrive

Postby Paul_1966 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Paul_1966

Postby AtoB » Thu May 08, 2014 3:53 pm

I forget the first one. The second was how does the horn work. The correct answer is, of course, in inverse proportion to your patience.
AtoB

Postby Wessex » Fri May 09, 2014 12:38 am

Spot on! I bet you didn't say that though. :)
Learn from the mistakes of others. You don't live long enough to make them all yourself!

Dorset Police Driving Instructor; helping to make the Roads in the West Country safer.

NDAC & DASA assessor

Be fear-less; go GEAR-LESS

G4TMF 73 & 88
Wessex

Previous

Return to Show Me/Tell Me