Renault Laguna

Renault Laguna

Postby Grandad David » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:12 pm

I have my eyes on a Laguna 03 reg at £750, 1.8 excellent condition, 91k mileage and that has all the signs of a good owner, ie newish battery, nearly new tyres, the spare looks as if it has never been disturbed, as do the tools, handbook etc. And yes I know about Renault electrics. I was shocked when I did a vehicle check on it, to find that the number belonged to a Ford Fusion. The guy said it must be a database error, and well it might be, but I have told him I am not interested now. Point is I really like the car, but what would be the best way to proceed and could it be done safely? The paperwork, "log book" etc is all in order. as is a year's MOT. Should I just walk away? It needs new road tax at the end of this month, how would I do this?
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Re: Renault Laguna

Postby Stiletto » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:21 pm

I'd go with what the vehicle check says and walk away
Stiletto

Postby Grandad David » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:04 pm

I've walked away !
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby dakta » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Could be a database error (I don't trust the government with anything!) but you've probably done right to be honest.

Cars are dodgy territory.

That said, we have a laguna diesel here (04 plate) and apart from the dash design (which is frankly hideous) it's rather nice.

I need to do some fault finding with it though over winter - electrics, of course.
Let's bend some conrods!
--------------------------------
"Kris - If you're going down that route - and it isn't generally recommended - get some heavy blankets over the front of the engine first. Somebody could end up seriously dead......"

^^ update 5/2/11 - Conrods now bent. Nobody died. :) RIP test subject #2

Test subject 3 now slotted in :D

I have never drawn up closely to the car in front at traffic lights with the intention of buffering up.
dakta

Postby Grandad David » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:19 pm

I bought it ! Well pleased after all.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Return to Buying or Selling a car