[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - Is it normal to get so attatched?

Is it normal to get so attatched?

Is it normal to get so attatched?

Postby Learner44 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm

My husband totally doesnt get why i feel so attached to Blodwyn ( can you believe his polo doesnt even have a name!) well in 6 weeks time or so I am getting a brand new nissan note tekna its a salary sacrifice car from work and it makes sense to go for it as its safer than Blodwyn ( 17 year old corsa no fancy gadgets or safety features) I do a lot of miles on the motorway and she drives well as long as i stick to 65mph or her steering wheel starts shaking. i wanted a car that sat higher and I. Love the look of the new note, it was that or the Juke but i love the room i get with the note. Just feel really sad at having to sell Blodwyn, she has been a fantastic car to learn in, starts every time and starts every time. She will be a great car for a person to learn in or as a first car as she was me and she only still has 31000 on the clock. Is it normal to feel attached to a car? I used to laugh at people who named their car...who'd have thought?!! :mrgreen:
Theory and hazard test passed first time july 2013
First test 19/08/2013 failed for not totally being ready hey ho!
Second test booked 23/09/2013...watch this space! passed with 3 minors

Proud mother of a p reg corsa named Blodwyn.
Soon to be new mum of Nelly Nissan Note
Learner44

Re: Is it normal to get so attatched?

Postby Wessex » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:00 am

First thing, get the front tyres checked and then rebalanced. The shakes should then disappear.

Yes, it is easy to get attached. Unlike humans cars these days very rarely let you down. I call my Peugeot 308 Julie due to her reg.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You don't live long enough to make them all yourself!

Dorset Police Driving Instructor; helping to make the Roads in the West Country safer.

NDAC & DASA assessor

Be fear-less; go GEAR-LESS

G4TMF 73 & 88
Wessex

Postby Learner44 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi wessex, sorry for the late reply. Well i got them balanced this weekend and took it out for a long drive along the motorway and its still doing it as soon as i hit 70. Really weird, dunno if its just worth putting up with it for a few more weeks as i get my new car then.
I feel pretty guilty getting rid of her to be honest, never thought i could feel such affection for my metal faced friend lol!

Learner44

Postby Grandad David » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Wear in the steering joints can also cause a shaking.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Learner44 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Blodwyn the corsa is 17 so maybe this is the problem David. I know very little about cars other than how to check oil, water, tyres and put petrol in! Its not worth getting it fixed really as I get my new car in less than a month, but its handy knowing these things. Ive learnt so much on here.

Learner44

Postby Wessex » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Worn steering joints can certainly cause the problem.
Lower ball joint failure can be catastrophic.

Also a worn steering rack could be the problem. If you rock the steering wheel back & forth
does the front wheel turn with a slight delay - wear in the joints.

Is there a knocking noise as the steering wheel is rocked back & forth - worn steering rack.

Best get them checked out. Selling a car with a known defect, unless you tell them about it,
could leave you with sleepless nights. :(
Learn from the mistakes of others. You don't live long enough to make them all yourself!

Dorset Police Driving Instructor; helping to make the Roads in the West Country safer.

NDAC & DASA assessor

Be fear-less; go GEAR-LESS

G4TMF 73 & 88
Wessex

Return to Buying or Selling a car