[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - Finally did it

Finally did it

Re: Finally did it

Postby Paul_1966 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Paul_1966

Postby dakta » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:39 pm

that looks more like the one i was in
Let's bend some conrods!
--------------------------------
"Kris - If you're going down that route - and it isn't generally recommended - get some heavy blankets over the front of the engine first. Somebody could end up seriously dead......"

^^ update 5/2/11 - Conrods now bent. Nobody died. :) RIP test subject #2

Test subject 3 now slotted in :D

I have never drawn up closely to the car in front at traffic lights with the intention of buffering up.
dakta

Postby Paul_1966 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Paul_1966

Postby dakta » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Good question, i've no idea :P

Ill be having yet another 'experience' of this car in a few weeks so ill keep a lookout :P

we've nicknamed the car the tardis cos it's blue and definitely is bigger on the inside. I've been guilty of keeping a door open and looking inside 'big' stepping back around the door 'little' and stepping back forward to see the inside 'big'.

Yaris, Matiz, Jazz etc are never going to rivet a petrol(in my case diesel) head, but dash aside they're allright.
Let's bend some conrods!
--------------------------------
"Kris - If you're going down that route - and it isn't generally recommended - get some heavy blankets over the front of the engine first. Somebody could end up seriously dead......"

^^ update 5/2/11 - Conrods now bent. Nobody died. :) RIP test subject #2

Test subject 3 now slotted in :D

I have never drawn up closely to the car in front at traffic lights with the intention of buffering up.
dakta

Postby Grandad David » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm

David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Paul_1966 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:23 pm

I guess my searches for Yaris instrument panel images aren't being too successful!

Here's another style which appears to have been used:

Paul_1966

Postby Grandad David » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 pm

No, not the one, sorry. Will try to get a photoshot uploaded tomorrow.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Grandad David » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:12 am

With going on holiday for two weeks tomorrow, I can't find the time to do a photo. I am very slow with this Parkinsons thing, sorry. Am taking my iPad mini with me so I night be able to do it there. This is all new to me so I am very slow.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Grandad David » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Got pic now. Go to

http://www.drivingtest1975.co.uk/instrumentsyaris.jpg

Could someone size that for me?
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Paul_1966 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:46 pm

Cropped a little and reduced:

And a closer view:

They certainly seem to have gone through some variations of this display.
Paul_1966

Postby Grandad David » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Okay I have grown to like it a bit more now. It certainly drives well and after all what more should you ask of a car?
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Grandad David » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Having said that - it's battery just collapsed. £60. It is an unhappy car.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Grandad David » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:58 pm

David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Grandad David » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:52 pm

The Yariss has an obscure electrical fault. The dealer I got it from is completely out of his depth with it. The electrics keep going dead for no reason, and often recover several hours later, but not always. He just fitted a new SMALLER battery, saying the one fitted was too big and was causing the trouble. I don't think so.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Paul_1966 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:22 pm

An oversized battery won't suddenly make everything go dead, and then sometimes just recover with no further intevention. It sounds more like there's a loose connection somewhere on a major feeder (feed to a main fuse panel, connection at ignition switch, or similar, depending upon how much of the system is affected).
Paul_1966

Postby Car54 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Car54

Postby Grandad David » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 am

It was built in France. Sometimes the entire electrical system is dead, sometimes everything is live except when you turn the key to ignition, nothing happens except that everything goes off.

Sometimes all the doors will lock and unlock, sometimes just the driver's door responds.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Paul_1966 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Paul_1966

Postby Grandad David » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:00 am

It is not a remote control but the key has to have a programmed thingy inside or it won't work.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Postby Paul_1966 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Paul_1966

PreviousNext

Return to Buying or Selling a car