[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - Omega

Omega

Omega

Postby Grandad David » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:27 pm

I am currently casting admiring looks at an Omega automatic 02 plate, 75k mileage which I can get insurance for surprisingly at only £9 a month more than my Peugeot 106, comparable policy. The road tax at £475 is horrendous but is there anything else I should know about, apart from the 40k/4 yrs advice to change the cam belt, and the possible need to have my head examined? The price is £1995 with the proviso ONO so presumably a bit less would do.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Re: Omega

Postby Car54 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 am

I had an Omega (2.0 petrol manual) when they first appeared - a long time ago.

It was a lovely car, but after 2 years and 70,000 miles expensive things were starting to go wrong, which was disappointing in a car of that price, but apparently not typical.

The only other negative thing I can remember was that the handbrake was hopeless.
Car54

Postby Wessex » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am

I think £1995 is far too much. Searching AutoTrader has revealed this example.

The cam belt should have been recently replaced or haggle the price to reflect this.

Personally I love big cars. There is a lovely example of a Jag 12 years old at £1,800 for sale near me but the driveway is full with my two training cars and my gorgeous Z3. :(
Learn from the mistakes of others. You don't live long enough to make them all yourself!

Dorset Police Driving Instructor; helping to make the Roads in the West Country safer.

NDAC & DASA assessor

Be fear-less; go GEAR-LESS

G4TMF 73 & 88
Wessex

Postby Grandad David » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:20 am

Yes I have always preferred big cars too. The 106 that I currently drive has always been a pain in the whatsit but we were offered it at a silly price by family when almost new, an offer that I couldn't refuse!

Can't attend to changing cars for a few weeks now but I think it will happen then. Yes it was too much and the advert said ONO. I was thinking of around 1500. I like it being one owner from new.
David.

Keep your pecker up.
Grandad David

Return to Buying or Selling a car