[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - Affordable Car with Affordable Insurance for Tall Person

Affordable Car with Affordable Insurance for Tall Person

Affordable Car with Affordable Insurance for Tall Person

Postby doddsy89 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a while since starting to learn, and still find myself on here reading since passing my test last week as I find it so interesting!

I am 24, and a newly passed driver. Insurance is not cheap, and paying an annual premium just wouldn't be an option for me. The best monthly quotes I have been able to find are around the £150 mark, which would be ok for me.

Would anyone be able to recommend a car for a tall person (6'3), that would be around this price to insure (as cheap as you can get basically), and that I could pick up used from somewhere between £1,000 - £2,000?

As a guideline, the cars I've so far found to be cheaper to insure are:

Vauxhall Corsa
Peugot 106 and 206
Nissan Pixo
Fiat Punto and Stilo
Toyota Yaris

If you could come up with any more I would be really grateful, or if you could let me know about interior space (legroom, headroom) for the above, that would be a big help.

Thanks,

Rob
doddsy89

Re: Affordable Car with Affordable Insurance for Tall Person

Postby warwick_hunt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Another route could be to look at slightly bigger (good for your height), dare I say, less trendy cars.

For your price range (and similar insurance prices using AutoTrader's quick insurance estimate) you could try looking at:-

Rover 45
Volvo S40
Honda Jazz
Seat Leon

All between 8 and 10 years old, insurance (24yrs Male, 0 NCB) £950 - £1350 P/A, same as Corsas and Peugeots.

Granted, you'll be paying slightly more road tax, but that's small change compared with everything else!

The trouble with the cars you listed is that a majority of new drivers go for cars like these. Therefore, insurance companies end up with a lot of claims associated with them and new drivers, making them dearer to insure than you'd think.

If you buy a Rover 45, you'll get a more comfortable and bigger car that you'll fit in, for near enough the same money.

Also, I've found smaller engined cars are never as light on fuel as they claim to be as you have to accelerate quite hard to keep up with modern traffic.

Hope this helps!
warwick_hunt

Postby doddsy89 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks for the reply. I think that will help quite a lot. I hadn't realised that bigger cars might be a similar price to insure.
doddsy89

Postby Dannyboi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Also Skoda Fabia. Diesel are pretty good and cheap to insure.
Dan.

Too many lesson's to keep taking anymore. I have had 77.5 Hours Over 9 years.
Theroy Test: Passed 28/05/2010 47 on Multipul Choice And 47 on HPT
Pratical:Passed With 4 minors
Dannyboi

Postby golfball13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:06 am

The older ones might be different, but I've got an 2009 yaris and they're not that generous for tall people. I'm 6' 1'' and I would be a bit cramped if I was much taller...
golfball13

Location: Chelmsford, Brentwood Romford, and surrounding areas

Return to Buying or Selling a car