[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - polo or golf

polo or golf

polo or golf

Postby guessgirl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:26 am

Hi im wondering what car i should buy
i cant decide between a gold or polo from 2002 to
2004 diesel. i want it to be vw because theyre reliable
and a pleasure to see and drive. bt i am a young driver
im.21 and iv had my license for 9 months and im about
to buy my first car so ill pb be knocking a few dents here and there
but iv gotta bear my insurance and.maintenance costs
in mind as a uni student..some.people are telling me
to gor for golf because theyre better and derz not
that much difference in insurance and maintnance between
golf.or polo. others ars saying polo cuz they small
and better for a girl.

What are your views
guessgirl

Re: polo or golf

Postby dakta » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:47 am

Let's bend some conrods!
--------------------------------
"Kris - If you're going down that route - and it isn't generally recommended - get some heavy blankets over the front of the engine first. Somebody could end up seriously dead......"

^^ update 5/2/11 - Conrods now bent. Nobody died. :) RIP test subject #2

Test subject 3 now slotted in :D

I have never drawn up closely to the car in front at traffic lights with the intention of buffering up.
dakta

Postby guessgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Its truee. sometimes the best brands do break down
its jst iv heard all my life and read that japanese and german makes are
the best and really reliable. thats why i turned my
attention to polos theyre quite small and cuz im a girl
it will be easier to park and get around . The main
factor is the insurance though.
guessgirl

Postby Mother Giz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Postings from Old Forum 16553. Joined 14th March 2002 +50500

I'm a sensative person really.

www.boltoniam.org.uk

I am NO pushover OK
DO NOT PUSH ME TO THE LIMIT
Mother Giz

Executive Site Admin

Postby Carbine » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:14 pm

slightly ot but im tempted to trade in my Audi A3 TD s much as i love it the allure of a vw golf bluemotion which i believe costs nothing to tax and can go 800 plus miles on a full tank is hard to resist
Carbine

Postby dakta » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Let's bend some conrods!
--------------------------------
"Kris - If you're going down that route - and it isn't generally recommended - get some heavy blankets over the front of the engine first. Somebody could end up seriously dead......"

^^ update 5/2/11 - Conrods now bent. Nobody died. :) RIP test subject #2

Test subject 3 now slotted in :D

I have never drawn up closely to the car in front at traffic lights with the intention of buffering up.
dakta

Postby BogPony » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 am

When I think of reliable small cars I think Nissan Micra or Toyota Yaris. I know, boring, but I know many people who have had either of them and the best display of faith I see is they went and got the same car again when it was time to buy a new one. I don't even know if they make Micra's anymore but as my cousin bought a brand new one only a few years back there's bound to be 2nd hand ones around. Another cousin got a brand new one for her 18th birthday but only because they had moved to a very remote area and her Dad wanted her to be safe. He did a lot of homework and went with the Micra. It went down so well, less than 12 months later her mother and her cousin had one themselves.

As for the Yaris, I swear my mother and her group of friends are like an advert for them. At one point several months back when she had friends over there was 6 Yaris's (Yari?) parked outside our house. She has had a Golf and a Fiesta in the last 10 years (all as 1st owner) and said when it comes times she will get another Yaris. Hers is only 2 years old but it hasn't given her an minutes trouble plus it's cheap to run. She does mostly short trips but does a long trip of over 200 miles about once every 2 months and it handles it no problem. She got hers after trying out her friends cars a few times and after their recommendations and she hasn't regretted it for a second. My sister bought a 2nd hand one last year before she had her 1st baby because she wanted small, nippy but safe. She too has said when "Sharon" has to go to the great big srap heap in the sky she'll be going back for another.
BogPony

Postby Carbine » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:20 pm

could never drive a micra i dont think same with a KA id prefer shanks pony
Carbine

Postby Jimmy Maxwell » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Diesels are great over longer distances and I used them when I lived in a rural place. I would get a diesel again in the same circs. However they may not be best for city driving (with the change in tax on diesel).
Golfs are more comfy over long distances (esp diesels) but if you're normally doing city traffic stick with a small petrol engine (more torque faster in traffic).
Note that VW give less stuff in the cabin for your money and ultimately you're buying the car for you - not the guy you'll sell it to in 3 years time.
Are you single (male or female)? Why have anything but the very smallest car unless your leisure pursuits are extreme and need serious power?
Push the VW dealer on the best deal for a petrol Polo - lowest capacity. If he won't play you can walk away (in front of his supervisor). This is 2012 - we have the power.
Jimmy Maxwell

Return to Buying or Selling a car