[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
2LeaP • View topic - Citroen C3 XTR Sensodrive (Automatic)

Citroen C3 XTR Sensodrive (Automatic)

Citroen C3 XTR Sensodrive (Automatic)

Postby Feebs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Have purchased this as my first car and wonder if anyone can advise me. I live up a very steep hill and so far the car has been fine, however yesterday I had to stop halfway up to let a landrover passed (they should have given way as I was already halfway up and it's a narrow road)...the problem is that the car didn't want to climb even after pressing down on the gas again...I think I accidently slammed down the kick down (think that's what its called) and it roared into life again. I'm dreading going up the hill again and wonder if this was just a 'one off' as I'd had to slow right down. The car is a sensodrive semi auto.

Many thanks for any advice...
Theory Passed: 16th June 2011
Practical Passed: 4th August 2011
Now driving a Citroen C3 XTR
Feebs

Re: Citroen C3 XTR Sensodrive (Automatic)

Postby Car54 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Car54

Postby Feebs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks for advice...I've been too much of a coward to use the paddles yet...may have a try driving with them on a quiet day. I'm used to D, N, R on an automatic and although I love my car, I do find that it's a bit slow on the uptake with the automatic gear changing...I'll persevere but if it continues to do it I may have to look at changing to a full automatic rather than a semi sensodrive, as I found it really terrifying. What would you suggest if it happens again, just keep trying the gas pedal..I've never had an experience like it and I'm a very new driver.

Just when I thought I had it all cracked !! :oops:
Theory Passed: 16th June 2011
Practical Passed: 4th August 2011
Now driving a Citroen C3 XTR
Feebs

Postby audigex » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:26 am

If it's not pulling in the gear you want, you're meant to just floor it and let the car realise that you want it to kick down a gear or two: it's only doing what you'd do yourself in a manual, it's just not able to pre-empt it.

As mentioned, manually putting it into a lower gear can help too, if you're uncomfortable with flooring it and not being totally sure which gear you'll end up in.

Why they don't put a gyroscope in automatics to determine which way up it is is beyond me: they're relatively cheap now.
~Jon
Theory: 29/08/07 (32/35 and 52/75) | Practical 10/10/07 (3 Minors) | Pass Plus 04/11/07
Driving an Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro ()
[Gone] Renault Clio 1.2
audigex

Return to Buying or Selling a car